thicknessGAUGE.laser profile sensor systems use laser profile scanners for the thickness measurement. These scanners project a laser line onto the surface to be measured. The laser line compensates for strip tilting and enables profile averaging. The laser line measuring technique makes it possible to measure the thickness of structured materials such as embossed surfaces and perforated plates.
- Sensor technology used: Blue Laser profile sensors
- Measuring range (thickness): 8 mm
- Accuracy: ±0.5 µm
- Measuring rate: up to 100 Hz
- For structured materials, e.g., perforated and embossed plates
- Best-fit line possible
- Compensation for tilted strips
The thicknessGAUGE.laser profile sensor system is used for precise thickness measurements of strips and plates. It can also be used for fixed track measurements, e.g., for center-line measurements (center thickness) or for thickness measurements on the edges. A linear unit enables traversing thickness measurements up to 400 mm strip width.